Positive thinking to you may sound like punishment since you have drenched yourself so much in negative thoughts, it may seem like a frog jump kind of exercise where your knees hurt at each jump.
With lots of negativity out there, it is difficult for one to focus on being positive. It all comes in different forms, it could be negativity as a result of emotional and broken relationships, loss of career, bad experiences and societal norms.
Uncertainties are the chief master of negativity, when one is not certain of life itself, what can be more challenging?
There are practical fast action techniques to positive thinking that I developed that can help to keep you in the light and help you to take control of your life.
These practical hands-on techniques are here to keep you going and ready at all times to continue with those things that matter most to you every day.
The go-getter technique: Good, better, best! Giving up something for something greater.
This question is not any kind of question like “who am I”? Kind of question and the response would be “I am busyhandz” no! The definition to this technique has been well thought out and gears towards revitalising the human thinking and general well-being.
“The go-getter technique is the systematic way in stimulating the human mind while gaining control of the physical interface of the body, and creating a clear passage to the innermost thoughts. leaving you clear and free from any negative effects as a result of a circumstance that had occurred earlier, before or after.”
Application and Examples:
- Take a moment each day to reflect on what you want to do and how well you plan to achieve them
For instance, Set a target for yourself, your goal is to finish the presentation slides for the big contract signing tomorrow, you have 40 slides to prepare and you are just on the tenth one with no clue on how to go about the remaining 30 slides. This project stands between you and your promotion as the managing director.
For sure, right now it looks like you got a problem on your hands. You need to do this! You have to complete this to be where you want to be! Time is running out, it is definitely not the time to hit your head on the wall in frustration, something has to be done and really fast.
- To achieve the go- getter technique, never leave things until the last minute. That is when pressure sets in, which in turn gives birth to uncertainties that translate to negative thinking.
For instance, if you need to grow a savings of $1000 in order to pay off your phone, not to go woo a woman/man, and you wait until you have a lump sum to throw into that savings, now you are subjecting yourself to pressure and anxiety on how to raise a lump sum, but if you throw in even a dollar each day or maybe 10 bucks into that savings, you won’t believe how fast that savings can grow quickly than having to wait for a lump sum. Remember, several cents makes up a million at some point.
- Being where you want to be at exactly the right time and place: Think of yourself as an achiever and trust your capabilities by being proactive in your thinking and reasoning and also in dealing with others.
- Don’t be a one man squad, one man squad never wins a battle. That only happens in James Bond movies. It is by mingling that you know things you never knew, you know what is happening around you. That feeling alone will leave you in positive thinking mood fully activated.
– Never isolate yourself no matter what. Even if you are grieving.
– You have the inner zeal to make impossibilities become possible by setting priorities in everything you do, is that simple. That will keep you way ahead of others and you will be able to confidently say you are in charge of affairs. You are now in control and can organise and plan constant activities in your life.
- You are now ready to unleash the negative state of mind and turn it into positive thinking by just a little level of organisation in your life.
– No plans, no vision and nothing to look forward to as a result of no organisation in your life can develop negative thinking.
– You have that ability and principles to take charge of your life by at the end of each day, have a little time to reflect on all you have achieved for that day/period and set inner strategies on how to push things forward.
– 2 to 4 mins of your end of the day is enough for this reflection and strategizing.
Here are some exercises for you to try.
- Describe your state of mind right now in 50 to 100 words.
- What kind of feeling are you feeling right now? And how do you feel about it? Nervous? Anxious? Depressed? Or happy? Explain.
- Make a list of tasks that you have prioritized and how do you intend to go about it. In what order of importance do they come?
- The aim of this exercise is to help you identify different aspects of your life you need to keep nourished with positive thinking. As a matter of fact, every aspect of your life needs positive thinking.
The checklist technique: You got it all figured out!
Now that you feel good about yourself, after answering to the exercises in the first scenario. Now it is time to feel even better with the checklist technique. Never settle for less, good is great but better is fantastic, and that is the feeling I am about to leave you with right now.
“The checklist technique is the ability of the mind to subdue negative feelings, by stimulating and arousing the inner zeal to succeed against all odds. And checking negative thought off with a mark of strong will to overcome and sustain positive thinking.”
This is a typical case of fighting and battling with your conscience when you have done something unspeakable, like taking your friend’s wife to bed, or stealing from the church’s treasury and so on. You are trying to justify the reason for your bad action while your conscience is accusing you of releasing the bullet.
The inner zeal to stay positive and succeed against all odds comes to play as you begin to understand the implication of what you have done, and now settling for a possible solution in fixing the mess while eliminating the first negative thought that comes to your mind and replacing it with a positive approach to fixing your mess.
APPLICATION AND EXAMPLES
For instance: Imagine you just bought a new house and signed up for a new car loan, and you are really doing well and happy and excited about all these, you wake up on a bright monday morning full of energy and smiles which huge plans and anticipation for the week, only to show up in the office and you meet everyone locked out. You inquire and you were told you were all laid off without notice with immediate effect as the company suddenly crumpled up. What first comes to your mind? “Oh, I am finished!” Actually you are not far from the truth, you are actually finished if you don’t get your thoughts together and start on option B on how to fix this mess. Now how do you fix this?
- Take a moment away from the crowd, go to a corner possibly a café, and buy yourself a coffee or whatever thing you like to drink.
- Please do not go for a beer or a whisky or anything alcoholic even if they are your favorite drink, avoid alcohol at the moment. That sounds silly, right? A favorite drink in the midst of an emerging financial crisis!
- You will never know how fast your mind has switched from your first instinct of anger and frustration now to sipping your favorite drink thereby exhibiting signs of calmness.
- Take a deep calm breath while you settle in a corner with your favorite drink. That is the time to reflect on your positive thoughts before negative thinking consumes you.
- Start by taking your mind off everything relating to work, arouse nice memories of you in Disney with your buddies enjoying a vacation or something magical you have always desired.
- Make an effort to remain focused on thoughts of your nice memories while at the same time the positive thinking mindset will help you to start gearing up towards strategizing towards your present predicament.
- Get a paper and pen and start documenting any thought that comes to your head. It may not make sense when you start but by the time you got it all out, it will begin to come together.
- While your colleagues are standing at the gate and waiting to speak with management, you are ahead of the game, you have a chance of getting employed quickly and faster than your other colleagues just by being proactive.
- The feeling that you are making an effort will leave you smiling possibly.
– You have planned steps in improving your life.
– You are way ahead of the game.
– Now, you got your head around it (your predicament)
Here are some exercises for you to try.
- Describe how you feel in 50 to 100 words
- Can you record any significant change from the first technique to the second technique?
- Can you describe your state of mind right now? Explain
- Make a list of strategies on how to improve your positive thinking mindset
The aim of these exercises is to help you overcome negative thinking and to guide your thoughts towards positive thinking.
Have a wonderful week peeps!